Thursday, April 03, 2014

Hair change

I did it. I dyed my hair. A bit of a drastic change, keeping in mind that I'd had bright orange hair for over a year. I am going to miss it insanely much (and probably return to it at some later point in life), but for now, I need to make sure my hair is healthy if I'm going to grow it out.


Dying my hair this time was both the most boring and interesting thing I'd done. Boring because the color is so normal, and interesting because it actually worked. It actually covered all the orange without me having to bleach anything. Which is exactly what I was hoping for. Now I just have to live with boring hair for a year or so, til it's grown out.



The dye I bought was Garnier's OLIA in the color 7.0 Dark Blonde. It was supposed to be less damaging because of the healthy oils and absence of ammonia.

Here's the process:



The reason why I had to do something about my hair: the roots were getting out of control, even for a hobo like me.

During the dying process, it looked like it was gonna turn a nice, dark blond. Nope. So not what happened.


This was the result. Nowhere near a dark blond in my opinion. More of like a light brown with odd orange hues. I wasn't all too careful with the thing with the dye so it turned out a bit blotchy.

Not at all what I wanted, but everyone else around me seem to like it so maybe I'll learn to love it eventually. The biggest supporter of my getting rid of the orange, my mom, said I look a lot more grown up now. Thanks mom. What did I look like before??
I just have to keep reminding myself that it's for my hair's best interest. It will pay off in the end.


Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment