Sunday, July 13, 2014

A (long) Sunday chat

I got into uni!! Not the major I wanted (speech-language pathology), but whatever, I can apply again next year :) 








I've been thinking a lot about food lately.


It's weird, I was never one to care about what I stuffed into my mouth. But recently it's as if a switch has been flicked. Not only have I started thinking of the health aspects of what I eat, but also become aware of the ethnic side to food. 
As you know I've been trying to eat less meat, and I recently stumbled upon a video about how slaughterhouses work. I'm not saying I want to become a full time vegetarian, but it really is a cruel industry out there. For a while I thought the video only applied to big countries or whatever, but then I did a little research and found out it's pretty much the same in every country. I'm not the emotional type, so I wouldn't say it affected me too deeply, I'm not gonna join Save the animals. What I would like is for the workers and the managers of slaughterhouses to be more careful, gentle and less brutal. I know they know what they're doing and that the system is thoroughly worked out the be the most effective, but COME ON. It can't possibly be necessary to torture the animals before killing them. 
What I also would like is some sort of a restriction on how much meat a person would be able to consume in, say, one week. Not only because of health risks - an average person is only recommended to intake about 400 grams of protein in a week - but also because the risk we're actually facing of running out of food. And of course the fact that if we ate less meat, less meat would be produced, hence saving millions of livestock from being born into hell.


These were just some thoughts I had. 

Since I'm bad at nutrition and don't know exactly what I need to eat to fulfill my needs, I am going to continue eating meat, still in small amounts. 


Here's the video I'm talking about 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2UMp9fsAJo


These are some veggie foods I've been enjoying. I also baked a ciabatta the other day, not exactly healthy but INSANELY delicious


spinach pasta
fruit yogurt muesli 
coleslaw 
banana strawberry smoothie


On a COMPLETELY different note, I was so mad when I noticed that e.l.f cosmetics now ship to Finland. I got SO frustrated a couple months back when I wanted to place an order on their website, only to realize that they don't ship to my country. Well now they do those little assholes. Guess where I'll be spending my next paycheck? Also Sleek cosmetics. 
If you live in Finland, this is a great website to buy cosmetics: www.pretty.fi


Okay. I've poured out enough thoughts.
Until next time :)



PS. Here's a representation of the dog's relationship with my sister's new couch.


2 comments:

  1. Hey ja råka å just se dendä samma videon häromdan, things you said on that agreed

    ReplyDelete
  2. By having a smaller endeavor and additionally lgt fake rolex you ought to have not an issue judging and additionally another your choices via the internet that allows you to within weeks created a fabulous VPN you should taking a look at the necessary most popular cinema and additionally tv shows via the internet for very little time adequate almost nothing endeavor. The crucial element verify, customer implement fake rolex interested to learn to really keep an eye on Netflix NORTH AMERICAN within your countryside about location of creation can be to quickly begin the process of searching for high quality VPN products and services via the internet that serves all of these offerings. The great thing that you fairly quickly find a considerable options of alternate options. You now have to contrast individuals person to an alternative to work out so, which is a better for your needs additionally your targeted really needs. The moment searching for a fake rolex to look out Netflix out of NORTH AMERICAN you should surely just want to verify medicare supplement instrument you'll certainly be choosing to take over Netflix. Ever look forward to which has a SYSTEM or possibly APPLE? Ever look forward to exploiting a fabulous games model to take over Netflix? They can be a necessary topic which usually you will want to to determine and additionally verify prior to. This really is as various VPN offerings are simply suitable for a fabulous SYSTEM or possibly APPLE. Accordingly, once you omega replica sale other sorts of appliances you prefer to apply to look out Netflix you may want to widen any look. An alternative factor to weigh is normally broad general performance. Various VPN offerings experience modest bandwidth applications. All of these applications restriction all the hublot replica uk magnitude of bandwidth that you're most likely allocated to try every 4 weeks.

    ReplyDelete